Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Humble Abode West Hollywood: Don't Misunderstand The Word Humble...

I love finding little nuggets of serenity in a big city, this is exactly what I found at The Humble Abode.   Located on N. La Cieniga, which is one of the busiest streets in Los Angeles and sort of ironic for such a quiet and special retreat.  

I had great parking karma and was able to find a spot right out front which made it a lucky day but I do believe they may have a few reserved spaces on property.  I walked through the narrow path like outdoor entrance past a ton of plants and about as far back from the street as possible to a small cottage like building on my right…The Humble Abode.  One of the things I noticed most was how quiet it was.  I went inside to check-in and was immediately warmly greeted, I filled out some paperwork and then was walked through the charming boutique area then outside to the upstairs massage room.  The room was nothing special, it was clean which was most important and the bed was comfortable.

My therapist was very nice, asked all of the usual questions and remained silent through the entire massage, which I personally like.  She was very thorough and professional and I left feeling refreshed and peaceful. She focused a lot on my back, per my request, and did a nice job of a deep tissue without too much pain.  It was a solid massage, I would absolutely go back another time for another massage.

Next I had a manicure and I had been tipped off that he is one of the best manicurists in the city, guess what girls…it's true!  Not only is he thorough but he's a blast to talk to and he's amazing at mixing polish to give you the exact shade you want.  My nails looked absolutely perfect when I left, the color was custom and exactly what I wanted. The best part is that the manicure lasted a complete week with no chipping, what more could a girl ask for?

The Humble Abode is Girls Gone Spa approved for a relaxing afternoon treat to yourself.  You'll feel like you can leave the stress of the big city at the curb and enjoy your service inside a cottage in the woods (well…you get the picture).  Try leaving work early one day for a massage and mani and we can pretty much promise you'll be able to take on what's left of your week with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment